Extension to the deadline for the payment of 2021 annual levy
Following the announcement of the Cyprus Registrar of Companies dated 8 July 2021(https://www.companies.gov.cy/gr/βάση-πληροφοριών/νέα/ετήσιο-τέλος-εταιρειών-2021), the deadline for payment of the 2021 annual company levy has been extended from 30 June 2021 to 31 December 2021; such an extension applies retrospectively from 30 June 2021.
If the annual company levy is paid after the 31 December 2021, then the annual levy is subject to late charges, thus making the total amount to be paid four hundred and ninety euros (€490).
Non-payment of the annual company levy may result the deregistration of a company from the Register of the Cyprus Registrar of Companies.
Annual levy and penalties
Every company, registered with the Registrar of Companies, must pay an annual levy of three hundred and fifty euros (€350) by 30th of June of each year of its operation. If a company fails to timely pay the annual levy it is subject to a late charge as follows:
- for payment within two (2) months from the 30thof June (i.e. up until 31st August), the charge imposed equals to an additional ten percent (10%) on the original fee, thus making the total amount to be paid three hundred and eighty-five euros (€385);
- for payment within five (5) months from the 30thJune (i.e. up until 30th November), the charge imposed equals to an additional 30% on the original fee, thus making the total amount to be paid four hundred and ninety euros (€490).
- Extension to the deadline for the payment of 2021 annual levy
- UBO Register of Trusts and of similar legal arrangements
- Cyprus- Key developments in the Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Law 188(I)2007
- UBO Register of Companies and other legal entities
- Annual Return Update
- Annual Returns (HE 32)
- New Position – Head of Larnaca Accounting
- My Cyprus Tax Calendar Highlights
- New Position